Search Results Categories
- Electric Mixer, 1-ounce ice Cream scoop (optional but recommended for the most uniform cookie sandwiches)
Peanut butter filling
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Peanut butter cookies
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ⅔ cups rolled oats such as Quaker old fashioned
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- ⅓ cup crunchy natural peanut butter such as Adams, well mixed
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- To make the peanut butter filling, combine all the filling ingredients in a bowl using a whisk.
- Cover and chill the mixture until you are ready to fill the cookies.
- To make the peanut butter cookies, in a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Stir in the oats and salt.
- Set the dry ingredients aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, combine the butter, chunky peanut butter, and sugars and cream on medium-high speed until very fluffy and pale, at least 3 minutes, scraping down the mixing bowl as needed.
- Turn the mixer to medium-low and add the eggs, one at a time, beating to incorporate each egg and scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients on low speed in 3 to 4 additions and mix until just combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula, going all the way to the bottom of the bowl to mix in the dry ingredients well.
- Use an ice cream scoop to portion all the cookies in 1-ounce scoops (or use about 1 heaping tablespoon per cookie), placing the scoops on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- You should have about 48 cookies. (You can place all the cookies close together for the chilling step—you will space them for baking later.)
- Chill the scooped cookies for at least 2 hours or longer.
- When you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Arrange 8 cookies, spaced evenly apart and staggered, on each parchment-lined baking sheet. (Note: Do not flatten the cookies; they will flatten as they bake.)
- Set the baking sheet inside another baking sheet to double pan and place it in the oven.
- Bake until evenly golden, about 12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the cooking time.
- If you have 2 double-panned pans in the oven at the same time, also switch them between the racks.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes before removing the cookies with a metal spatula.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before filling them.
- To make a cookie sandwich, turn one cookie flat side up and spread with a little less than 2 teaspoons of filling. (If you have a 1-ounce scoop, you can slightly underfill it to portion the filling or underfill a tablespoon.)
- Top with another cookie, flat side down, pressing gently.
- Repeat until all the cookies are assembled into sandwiches.