Search Results Categories
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons 3/4 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon whole aniseed
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 3/4 cup shelled natural unsalted pistachios
- 6 ounces imported white chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line 3 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift first 3 ingredients into medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in large bowl to blend well.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Mix in lemon peel, vanilla, and aniseed.
- Beat in flour mixture just until blended.
- Stir in cranberries and pistachios (dough will be sticky).
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Gather dough together; divide in half.
- Roll each half into 15-inch-long log (about 1 1/4 inches wide).
- Carefully transfer logs to 1 prepared baking sheet, spacing 3 inches apart.
- Bake logs until almost firm to touch but still pale, about 28 minutes.
- Cool logs on baking sheet 10 minutes.
- Maintain oven temperature.
- Carefully transfer logs still on parchment to cutting board.
- Using serrated knife and gentle sawing motion, cut logs crosswise into generous 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Place slices, 1 cut side down, on remaining 2 prepared sheets.
- Bake until firm and pale golden, about 9 minutes per side.
- Transfer cookies to racks and cool.
- Line another baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Stir white chocolate in top of double boiler over barely simmering water just until smooth.
- Remove from over water.
- Dip 1 end of each cookie into melted chocolate, tilting pan if necessary; shake off excess chocolate.
- Place cookies on prepared sheet.
- Chill until chocolate is firm, about 30 minutes.
Can be made 5 days ahead. Store airtight between sheets of waxed paper at room temperature.